You are here2012 Democratic National Convention

2012 Democratic National Convention

climate change is not a hoax

And yes, my plan will continue to reduce the carbon pollution that is heating our planet — because climate change is not a hoax. More droughts and floods and wildfires are not a joke. They are a threat to our children’s future. And in this election, you can do something about it.

Democratic National Convention - September 6, 2012

all they have to offer is the same prescriptions they’ve had for the last thirty years

Now, our friends at the Republican convention were more than happy to talk about everything they think is wrong with America, but they didn’t have much to say about how they’d make it right. They want your vote, but they don’t want you to know their plan. And that’s because all they have to offer is the same prescriptions they’ve had for the last thirty years: ‘Have a surplus?

The path we offer may be harder, but it leads to a better place

The path we offer may be harder, but it leads to a better place. And I’m asking you to choose that future.

You didn’t elect me to tell you what you wanted to hear

You didn’t elect me to tell you what you wanted to hear. You elected me to tell you the truth. And the truth is, it will take more than a few years for us to solve challenges that have built up over decades. It will require common effort, shared responsibility, and the kind of bold, persistent experimentation that Franklin Roosevelt pursued during the only crisis worse than this one.

When you take off the uniform, we will serve you as well as you've served us

When you take off the uniform, we will serve you as well as you've served us, because no one who fights for this country should have to fight for a job or a roof over their heads or the care that they need when they come home.

President Barack Obama - 2012 Democratic National Convention Video

See video

President Barack Obama - 2012 Democratic National Convention Video

Vice President Joe Biden's Story - 2012 Democratic National Convention Video

See video

Vice President Joe Biden Biography Video - 2012 Democratic National Convention Video

Honoring the Sacred Trust with our Veterans - 2012 Democratic National Convention Video

See video

Honoring the Sacred Trust with our Veterans - 2012 Democratic National Convention Video

• Are you in? http://OFA.BO/BatzJ2

American Heroes: Auto Workers - 2012 Democratic National Convention Video

See video

American Heroes: Auto Workers - 2012 Democratic National Convention Video

Stronger Together: Gay Marriage - 2012 Democratic National Convention Video

See video

Stronger Together: Gay Marriage - 2012 Democratic National Convention Video

voter